Sunday, August 24, 2008

Anchors Away!

I tediously crossed out to-do item after to-do item for the past month, things like:
- fill out immigration paperwork
- buy out Target/Sams Club as if I were preparing for a natural disaster
- pack and clear out pieces of my past that no longer had a memory attached And after the to-dos were mostly done I was left with thoughts about who and what I would have to say goodbye to.

There's the privacy sorority - gals that have made work a part of what I call my family, so many great times of both girl talk and somehow finding comic relief in our common complaints. A week before I left Irene P arranged a get away at Steven's family's cabin for all of us to get together - we cooked, played, and kayaked.




Last day at the beach (VA Beach) and fun in the sun. It was Addy's first beach day and we could tell she LOVED it. Irene H, Adam, Addy, Andrew, Olivia, and I took in the rays of sunshine, rubbed sand on our feet, and some of us took shots of ocean water. We were on 21st.



While in VA Beach I also caught up with Zan in Norfolk, who I hadn't seen for a while. We went to a bar close to her apartment and we played pool with Bill's schoolmates. We had good fun but we were early birds, not like the nights we used to have back in the Dovecote days - we were crazy back then but happy to have said goodbye to that lifestyle a while ago!


And all my favorite coffeehouses/eateries...



























And then the final farewell....here's to Holly and my parents for making it special.

On the Saturday before my departure Holly organized me a shindig at Indigo Landing in Alexandria with a view so perfect, I couldn't help but appreciate everything I've experienced in DC and look toward what's to come.






We were fashioned by Holly with UK flare and a cake to top off the night.




So many really good friends (from elementary school through EY) and family showed up.

























After the night was over, I was ready to board the plane.

No comments: