Thursday, September 25, 2008

Starry Eyed Surprise

For those of you who have wondered....what's Simon been up to? Well he's managed to visit twice so far for almost 3 weeks at a time...as promised! So there's 2 parts to Simon's last visit, this is Part 1. But before Simon's last visit, it was our 3 year anniversary. I received a beautiful bouquet of flowers!





When Simon arrived for my birthday, he planned an amazing dinner at Claridges, one of Gordon Ramsey's restaurants (http://www.gordonramsay.com/claridges/)! We both decided to go with the three course meal but at the end it really felt like a six course meal. Let's say the chef is gracious in between the courses, letting us snack. I had a pate to start and then for our main course, Simon and I both had the "Crispy Suffolk pork belly, roasted langoustines, crushed white beans, fennel purée, lemon and sage jus."




















After dessert, I got a special treat from the kitchen...a mini birthday cupcake! What a great surprise!

And then Simon decided to reveal his next surprise. I knew I needed my passport and had to wake up at 4 in the morning. After a gazillion guesses, I finally figured it out....(continued in Part 2).

No comments: